Youngstown-Warren, Ohio is an ideal place to locate your business. Our Economic Development Action Team will help you pinpoint the right location, tax incentives and workforce to build your business.
– Businesses call Youngstown-Warren, Ohio home because of its easy access to suppliers and customers.
Transportation & Infrastructure
– Youngstown-Warren, Ohio is a primary distribution hub because of its location in the Midwest. It is the only place that provides effective overnight ground access to the entire New York City and Chicago Markets. Youngstown-Warren, Ohio was named a 4-star logistics center by Expansion Management/Logistics Today
Incentives & Taxes
– Lucrative project incentives are available to qualifying firms expanding or locating in metropolitan Youngstown-Warren, Ohio. Additionally, in 2005, Ohio enacted a sweeping tax reform – which is highly beneficial to businesses.
– Growth industry clusters positioned in the Youngstown-Warren metro include: Aluminum Extrusions, Contact Centers, Distribution & Logistics, Motor Vehicles and Related Equipment and Plastic and Rubber Products.
Technology and Resources
-The Youngstown-Warren area is home to NAMII and the Ohio Hub for Advanced Materials Commercialization and Software Development.
- At the heart of the Cleveland, Ohio and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania region, Youngstown-Warren has become a hub for technology and innovation and a connection between the two metro areas.
Workforce Development -
The Chamber works closely with K-12 educators, universities, training providers and the local One-Stop locations to ensure curriculum and training programs are applicable to industry needs for the emerging and incumbent workforce. Chamber workforce initiatives include: From Steel to Scholars, Jobs for the Valley and Salute to Success.Business Assistance
- The Chamber offers technical services through partnerships and collaboration with regional, state and federal agencies.