Shovel Ready Commercial and Industrial Sites
In Mahoning and Trumbull Counties
The Regional Chamber's Shovel Ready Sites Program provides site selectors with fast access to detailed information on ready-to-go commercial and/or industrial land parcels. This collaborative initiative between the Chamber and Youngstown-Warren area developers/property owners allows companies to effectively evaluate and select exceptional property options.
By definition, Shovel Ready Sites are Mahoning and Trumbull county properties that have the essential infrastructure, necessary zoning and site characteristics in place so that construction projects may get underway quickly and easily.
To qualify as a Shovel Ready Site, a property must possess the following characteristics:
- At least 5 contiguous buildable acres
- Electricity, water, sanitary sewer, natural gas and telecommunications technology infrastructure
- Wetlands are identified and do not impact buildable acres
- Property is not in the 100-year flood plain
- Unrestricted vehicle access – both ingress and egress
- Within 5 miles of a limited access highway and/or interstate
- Commercial, business or industrial zoning
- Greenfield or developable brownfield site status
Critical property information is available for your review, including: